Monday, August 20, 2012

WATER MARBLE: Gothic Lolita in Strawberry Fields

I had yet to trash the house within three hours of the boy's estimated arrival Sunday, so I decided to try water marbling again.

Since everything I had ironed and ready for the week was pink or purple, I opted to experiment with China Glaze Gothic Lolita and Strawberry Fields and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear White Out, with two coats of the latter as a base and one coat OPI I Juggle...Men (that still parses oddly to me) on top.

  if I am Lolita then you are a criminal

This was not a resounding success, but it was good enough that I left it on. Not very consistent - marbles plus sand art plus bleeding watercolors. Let us say that adds texture to the experience.

  and you should be killed by an army of little girls

I was far too proud of this and spent all day at work shoving my nails in co-workers' faces. Karma shall doubtless dictate that I can never do it again. But I think a water marble deserves mermaid colors. And unicorns.

  I'm not even legal I'm just a dead little girl

As far as the colors, I admit to buying Gothic Lolita mostly for the name, but it is a lovely purple with tiny shimmer in. Strawberry Fields is hot pink with a gold glass fleck, and I always expect to like it more than I do. I may also have bought that for the name.

  you never did anything any man wouldn't do

I WANT THEM TO TASTE LIKE BASKIN ROBBINS AND EASTER AND SEASHELLS.

  call off the search we've found her

If OPI is going to pull this idiocy with Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, I think someone needs an Emilie Autumn collection to balance it out. Opheliac would be the best polish name everrrr. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment