Friday, September 9, 2011

BUTTER LONDON autumn/winter 2011

I love Butter London. I love the little squared bottles and the logo with Queen Raven. I love the stupid fake British accent they affect. BABY I'M READY TO GO (on the rooftop shouting out)

No More Waity, Katie


katydid

katydid


They're advertising this as part of their autumn/winter collection, but I picked it up quite a while back in a little kit with some polish remover. I tested it out over whatever I was wearing at the time (in the car, yes), thought it was going to be too sheer for anything but a layering polish, and forgot about it until now. SURPRISE SURPRISE, three coats looks reasonably opaque.

I enjoy this one quite a bit but take exception to Butter London's use of the word "greige" in its description. "Greige" is not a word. It is not. While I'm whining, neither is "jegging." I can barely type that one, it provokes such a visceral response (THAT MEANS IT MAKES ME VOMIT). Let's slam all the words together OKAY NO

I had a worse time removing it than I usually do with glitter polish, but it succumbed in due course.


Bluey



you are not my September


blue sky diamond


Here's my mermaid color. It's not as mermaid as Zoya Charla, but what is? It hints at a VNL problem with three coats, but not bad enough that you'd notice if you aren't staring for it. It gets a B-. I will keep it because I'm a tealhead, but it's not superfantabulous with my skins, and I don't want to eat it.

Wallis


so close, honey



nothing but class, right here


I was anticipating this one with much glee, and it did not disappoint. I am not thrilled about the descent of olive mud green puke colors this fall, but Wallis has enough gold in it to whisper my name in its thin little voice and to keep it from clashing horribly with all my clothes. I predict heavy rotation.

Note the highly attractive ring I got with a bottle of Hard Candy polish.


Toff


now I want a Heath bar.  HEATH.  NOT SKOR.


flowers courtesy of Trader Joe's Omaha


Going by the bottle, I thought this would be pinker than the mauve-type it turned out to be...I think there is more purple in it than I can coax out with my camera. BUT I LIKE IT A LOT. It's classy enough for the odd day I need to look semi-professional (those days generally turn out pretty odd) but not too dull for my somewhat eclectic tastes.

The fifth color, that I did not acquire, Knees Up, is a perfectly nice bright red. I perfectly cannot wear bright red. Also, the name borders on vulgar. Talonista-chan is many things, frequently all at once, but Talonista-chan is NEVER vulgar.

COMING UP NEXT WEEK:
some fall stuff, I don't even know, I bought like all of it. Thank god none of the holiday previews interest me in the slightest. Really, Zoya? Essie? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment